Friday, November 2, 2007

Books on CD?

So I have a pretty good idea about a way to really help my students learn to read and write English, and could use a little help. If anyone feels like it. What I want to do is have people send a book on CD (usually available for less than $5 at Half Price Books) along with a copy of the book itself. I´m thinking that the kids can listen to the words as they read (or at least see) them written on the page. It´ll help accustom them top hearing and seeing English, and they can do this at home after our classes. anyway…just an idea!

Also…got three packages today!!! Holy Mary Mother of Grace am I excited to get home and open them. Thnaks Dad and Greg and everyone else!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all let me just say that I think that what you are doing over there is GREAT! I have been truly inspired by you, I have enjoyed reading about all of your adventures too! As an elementary school teacher (4th grade) I look at the faces of those precious children and can see how HAPPY you are making them, you my friend will definitely have a place in Heaven for being such a wonderful, caring person. I wanted to send you a care package but wanted to know what kinds of things you need or would like....I'll be going to Texas at Thanksgiving and could pick up some BBQ sauce from Rudy's if you like their sauce (we always grab some when we are down there) also, I know you mentioned coffee..what kind do you prefer? Do you need any toiletries? Seriously, don't hesitate telling me what you need or what you would just want, after Hurricane Katrina people were so giving to my family, if I could give back just an ounce of that to someone like you that is doing this wonderful deed I would be honored.


You can reach me at JYDickey@gmail.com to let me know.


Also, I will be talking to the librarian at the school I work at to see if I can get some donated books on tape, and books to go along with them for your kiddos...

Jennifer (Toepperwein) Dickey