Friday, December 7, 2007

My Address

So a few people back home had the care packages they had sent me returned to them this week...which is REALLY depressing. I went to the post office yesterday to try to get some info, but the guy there was not very helpful. I asked him if it was possible that the VIA PORTUGAL part was causing trouble and he said "yes it is possible." I asked him if he was the same guy that suggested putting VIA PORTUGAL on packages in the first place, and he said "yes it is possible." I asked him if he thought the packages would get here if people took off the VIA PORTUGAL part and he said...you guessed it, "yes it possible."

Cousin Patti did some investigating with the Cape Verdian Embassy (Who knew there was such a thing?)and apparently they got a little huffy about the VIA PORTUGAL thing and insisted that packaged will get here just fine without that little extra bit of indo. Anyway, I'm not sure why several packages made it here just fine with the VIA PORTUGAL part on it, and why all of the other volunteers have no trouble receiving their care packages, but if anyone is brave enough to try to send me something (PLEASE PLEASE!!!) here is my address, without the VIA PORTUGAL.

Caley McCormick
Cha de Igreja
Frequsia de S.P. Apostolo
Ribeira Grande
Santo Antao
Cape Verde

Thanks again to anyone sending things. I'm going to be starting a School supply drive after the new year (they have NOTHING at the school here as far as school suppl goes), so if anyone is in SAMS or WALMART feel free to pick up a box of pens or pencils or erasers or small notebooks.

No comments: