Friday, July 11, 2008

Dont Worry!!

So don't worry. Im alive and well...its my computer that is no longer. Its a long story, but basically I don't have a computer anymore, and the computer in my associacao is also dead, so basically that means no new blogs or photos until I'm able to arrange a new machine *I'm trying* or unless I happen to be in Ponto do Sol twhere I can use the computer in the kamera for free. Anyway, just wanted you to know that I'm ok and still hard at work and play.

I am, at this moment, in Sao Vicente on my way back to Santo Antao after a wild adventure to the town of Tarrafal in Santo Antao wihich is, definitively, the absolute end of the world, and a paradise on earth. IF you couldn't finish you're as yet unwritten novel there, you wont ever finish it. Only oproblem with that town being that to get there it takes a 2.5 hour ride in the back of a pickup truck over what is, definitively, the worst road in the long history of roads. I'm even using the term road loosely here. Actually it was more of a ditch, and even then not much of one. Anyway. once in your uin Tarrafal, you never want to leave. PArtly because its so pretty , but mostly becuase you never want to get in to the back of that truck again.

So, my buns still sore frmo the ride in to town and desparate to avoid the road, I managed to get a free ride on a fishing boat...all the way to Mindelo on the nearby island of Sao Vicente. A little over 2.5 hours on rough seas on the back of a small fishing boat is a little nauseating, but still way better than that truck and that goddam road. Tomorrow I'll get on an other *much bigger* boat and turn around and go back to Santo Antao. I DO have pictures of Tarrafal and the boat and the raod courtesy of a friend]s camera, and at some point when I'm done dealing with my insurance company, I'll get a computer and get the pictures and blogs up.

Hopefully I"ll be back in the net business soon.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Had a dream that you were in town and we were eating gelato at Whole Foods. Odd, since we never did that when you were here. Hope your insurance pays out soon and you get back to blogging!