Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update to Follow

So it's been quite a while since I wrote anything here, but that's not because I haven't been busy...in fact just the opposite, and anyway, they'd cut off my internet for most of last month. Not to worry though. Not only have I been working my buns off, but I've been walking them off too. In preparation for writing what may someday probably not become a bestselling book called "The Txangreja Hikes," I've been clearing and using some ancient and long-forgotten trails to climb to the tops of all the mountains in my ribeira, and you just wouldn't believe the views they offer. I've tried to post some pics below, but it really doesn't doe them justice.

Anyway, I've been busy walking...as well as planning for and seeking, asking, begging and swindling funding for a girl's summer camp here in Txangreja, so in the next couple of days I'll post something about how that process is going. I've also almost finished up posts on my meeting almost the entirety of Benvinda's family, which was a hoot to say the least. There are also entries regarding a bloody and horrid atrocity committed by me, and further atrocities that I'm currently considering. In the meantime, here are some pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...thanks for the new pictures...I was beginning to wondernwhat happened to you...Hope you had a nice holiday and that your "projects" are going well...Look forward to your new blog posts.