Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Carnaval Comes to Txan

So it was Carnaval the other week, and while debauchery and hyjinks with the other volunteers in Mindelo sounded kind of appealing, I opted to stay here in Txangreja and celebrate with my town. We had a big old time at the school, having spent an hour of "shool time" a day, for an entire week, making costumes and musical instruments (just FYI...flattened bottle tops nailed to wooden sticks make for great tambourines and shakers). Anyway, we had three girls tie for best costume (Paper Dolls, below) and they walked away with the last of my Starburst candies as the Big Prize. Afterwards we all marched through the streets making a helluvalotta racket. Great day! Pics below.

1 comment:

boston'nil said...

Wow look like your having fun. Nice blog I skimmed thru it. My family is from CV, Fogo Belia. Nice pics by the way. Oh and hold on to your wallet because you must have ran out of juicy fruit by now. Peace my man