Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Send Help!

Cartoon S.O.S.

So I’m teaching English to the little kids in primary school this semester, and in place of the grown-up movies I was using as teaching tools before, I’ve been using cartoons, to great effect. Kids here have pretty much never seen the likes of Shrek and Donkey and Puss N’ Boots and The Incredibles before, and they sit and stare breathlessly throughout the entire film, jaws dropped. Afterwards, I ask each of them to volunteer at least one word that they learned during the film, and you’d be amazed at how many they come up with.

Anyway, I had the Incredibles and the 3 Shrek movies, but now I’m out of cartoons, and this out of Movie Fridays for the little bastards. So, if there is anyone out there reading this that has some cartoon DVDs laying around, or feels like dropping a few bucks on Ebay or Half Priced Books and sending me some, they would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! I’m talking like, Ice Age 1 and 2, Finding Nemo, Monster’s Inc., ANTZ, Cinderella, Snow White, Toy Story 1 and 2, etc. If you pick one up, let me know and I’ll alert the press so people aren’t sending the same ones. Spanish or Portuguese translations are helpful, but not necessary. Anyway, thanks in advance for your generosity. I’ll try to take a picture of the faces of these kids next time I can show them a cartoon movie and you’ll understand why I’m making this request.

I could also use gum. I haven’t smoked in 3 weeks and about ready to murder someone. Pretty much it takes 3 pieces of gum for every cigarette I crave, so I’m running through my stash pretty quickly.

OK, thanks!!!

No comments: