Thursday, April 17, 2008

No Stress

Stress in general is practically non-existant here, and except for the stress of being so far away from my friends and loved ones, I’m living a stress-free life. Last weekend was particularly stress-free however, as myself and a few other volunteers headed to Sao Vicente to celebrate a birthday. Mostly we ate a lot, had hot showers, used the internet, swam on the beach, walked around window shopping, and ate some more. They have Ice Cream there. And pizza. A good time and a small fortune (by Peace Corps standards) was spent by all. It was nice to speak Egnlish for a change, and good to see my friends, and so and it was with reluctant hearts that we all returned to our separate villages. Here is a picture of Daron trying to horn in on my girlfriend by exaggerating the size of his…intellect.

No comments: