Thursday, April 3, 2008

Photo Donors?

Photo Donors Needed

So without a doubt, the best thing I brought back with me from the states, as least as far as my neighbors are concerned, were the pictures. People Love them. They put them on their tables and show them to everyone, they glue them to their walls, they mail them to family living outside the country, they cherish them. Imagine not having a single photo of your children when they were baby´s. In all seriousness, these things will be family heirlooms. As such, I’m looking for a few kind souls who would be willing to serve as surrogate photo printers. The way it would work is, you would e-mail me your address and I would mail you a CD with a 50 or 100 pictures on it. You would take them to Walmart or Walgreens or wherever they have 5 cent prints, and then you´d mail them back to me here where I can distribute them to everyone. A second goal would be to start a Peace Corps photo album here in my associacao in Cha de Igreja, with pics from me, the town, and all the volunteers and their projects that will eventually come to Cha de Igreja (there will be a volunteer here for, presumably, then next 10 years), the end result being a photo journal of the entire Peace Crops legacy in Cha ge Igreja. A third goal would (much further down the line) be to print the best pictures from my (hopefully) upcoming photography classes in town. Each one of my students will be able to select their 5 favorite photos from all the ones they take during the class, and I´ll see to it that theyºre printed and distributed. In all, I think it would cost around $10 for the prints, plus another $10 to mail a large envelope with the pictures. If anyone is interested, please send me an e-mail and let me know. Tanks!
In the interest of creating interest, here are a few pics of kids from Cha de Igreja. Think how happy youºd make a mom by mailing her a picture of her darling kids!

2 comments:

CuteNQueer John said...

I can certainly help out! As you can tell, my response time may be a little off for the next month or so. The Man has been working me extra hard recently. We've taken on tons of new cases plus the Local Government Seminar is this month. But yeah I'm there for ya homie!

sol said...

I'm definitely in!