Friday, May 30, 2008

Quick update

So this week I’ve been in Praia getting ready for some training with PC, and also seeing the sights and enjoying life in “civilization,” which basically means I’ve been eating… constantly. There are like, restaurants here. Real ones. Last night I had schwarma in pita bread and grilled goat meat with onions and peppers. I nearly died from happiness. There is an American style grocery store here with everything you can imagine. It’s completely unreal and I was wigging out a little bit. The volunteers who live in this city and on this island have COMPLETELY different lives than I have. Anyway, more on all that later. For now, here are some pics I took in Cruzinha last weekend before I left.

2 comments:

PretaMulatta said...

this is absolutely lovely.
i'm an american (ick, what a horrid thing 2 admit) of cape verdean descent who will be traveling to cape verde for the very first time next spring.

your blog is beautiful,

raquelmor said...

Hi,

Very interested blog. I will visit Cabo Verde next week and I d like to escape from the touristic tours. And I thougt that you may be can give me some advice. I m working in a project in Senegal and I m very interested in voluters projects in Cabo Verde as well. I would be gratefull if you could give me some information about this kind of projects.

Thanks

Raquel