Wednesday, June 11, 2008

WISHLIST

So this may be a little presumptive, but I thought it might be worth a shot. In Praia I talked to several volunteers wo had a lot of success with an Amazon.com wishlist. Bascially they picked out all sorts of goodies like a wedding registry, and then they got lots of packages. Prolly I'm grasping at straws here, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Some of the stuff I put on there are just books and stuff that I'm wishing I had, and some of the stuff is for the Youth Summer Club that I and a few members of my association are putting on this summer. (Last day of school here is July 4th.) So far we've planned a few fildtrips and a camp out and a soccer tourney for the kids. Anyway, I thought if I could get some fun beach supplies and sporting goods it would make things a little more interesting.

Anyway, if you're a reader of this blog, or a volunteer coming in July, or a friend or family member or stranger wantin' to send me a little love, you can find a few ideas (from 1 penny to $20) of things I'm craving. I think all you have to do is search for my wishlist on Amazon under my email address, which is txcaley@gmail.com.
If sending presents isn't your thing, I ALWAYS appreciate a good long e-mail or news stories from the real world. (Today I heard that some lunatic burned down the Governer's mansion in Austin, Texas and I gotta admit it hurt a little bit.)

I'm back to Santo Antao tomorrow (After 3 weeks on Santiago) and I can't wait. I miss my friends and my village and am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed for a change. Lots of Luv, I'll put up pics and stories from the past 21 days as soon as I get home and have them hook up the internet again. :-)

2 comments:

NaNiNaNi said...

Hi I've made my birthday wish using a web widget and embed onto my blog. This allow my friends to see my wish and hopefully they will make my wish come true when they visit my blog again. You may want to try it too. www.mulist.com

Amanda said...

Perfect timing - the care package is getting ready to go out this weekend or next. We're meeting tomorrow to put everything together! Miss you.