Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tcheka

So this is a plug. Go buy this CD right now. I can guarantee that you wont be dissapointed. It´s be a Cape Verdian artist from Ribeira di Barka on Santiago and available on Amazon.com, and it´s definitely my favorite Cape Verdian music so far. He´s the Cape Verdian version of Dave Matthews, and some of the songs on this album are out of this world. It will also give you a good idea of the various types of music that come from Cape Verde. While I was in Ribeira di Barka during my stay on Santiago I was able to sit down with this guy and his family for a few hours of tokatinhas (jam sessions) and I just kept thinking, this guy could be making a FORTUNE playing sold out venues in the States. Í think that so far he´s busy conquering Europe (he´s very popular in France) but if I get my way, one day you´ll see him playing at SXSW, The Paramount or One World Theater in Austin. Once again, if you´re a music fan at all, buy this CD and enjoy some great Cape Verdian music.

No comments: