Monday, October 1, 2007

These are delicious!!!

So when I ate all that octopus last weekend, I thought I´d eaten the wierdest thing I would eat here. Not so. Saturday, me and some folks went to the beach and Djon and Sabino panya-d (picked) these things, which Iºm calling tube worms, off of the rocks in the cave. They had to crawl into the churning surf, with waves crashing against them and the rocks, and pry these little bastards off the rocks. It was, in my opinion, very dangerous (although they say "nao muito"). Anyway, they look like little worms with mushroom caps on them, and donºt look very tasty. But, I was proven wronf. Later that night, Marlen threw ém in some salt water with malageta pepper and onion and we feasted. You eat them exactly as you would a crawdad...you rip the mushroom cap off, get the little bit of meat in your teeth, and sort of yank it out. DEE-LISH!! Tastes just like lobster, plus the malageta oil made them REAL hot. So, think picante and lobster and onion. Yummy!

1 comment:

Kay said...

I love it when you post about food!