Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back Soon

So it´s been a while, and I´ve got a good backlog of Blogs that I´ve been writing out on papaer (does anyone do that anymore?). But, my new computer got here on Sunday, so I´ll spend part of this week typing them up and post them when I get back to Pocoçon, as there is still no internet in my town. I´ve got some great pictures of Ribeira de Torre and Mon Patraz as well, and I´ll get those up soon.

Things here are well´, although its hot and muggy and the flies are terrible. (Yes, I know its hotter in Texas, but they have air conditioning there.) Other than that, I´ve spent the last 2 days nursing Benvinda who has something approximating the flu. I can´t imagine surrering flu symptoms in these conditions (hot, muggy, sweaty, flies, no cold water, etc.). She seems to be feeling a little better today though, so that´s good. Amgiving a turtle and "environmental awareness" seminar next week in Cruzinha, and there is a festival on the beach there this weekend, with the big music festival in Sau Viçente the following weekend. Pretty busy month for me, before going to Praia for the month of September to teach the new volunteers Sanpadjudo kriolu. Looking forward to a change of pace with life on the big island.

I hope everyone is well, and thanks for the recent spurt of care packages. Very much appreciated!

No comments: