Friday, August 22, 2008

No Power

So ´sorry I haven´t written anything lately, but they´ve pretty much shut off power in my town, which makes internet access and writing anything difficult. Over the last week we´ve had power only for about 2 hours a day, and at this point I´ve unplugged my fridge, as everything I´ve been putting in it has gotten ruined.

On the 31st I fo to Praia on the island of Santiago to teach Sanpadjudo kriolu to the new group of volunteers that will be living on the Northern islands. I should have plenty of internet access there so I´ll give you guys some updates then.

Last weekend was a really great music festival in Sau Vicente and the first group of turtle hatchlings should be coming out of their shells any day now. I´ve signed up to sleep on the beach for three days next week, so hopefully Iºll get some pictures of that happening and Iºll post them when I can.

Thanks VERY much for the recent string of care packages, I REALLY appreciate them.

I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you guys!!

No comments: